Saturday, November 19, 2011

Respect the Title...WHAT IS IT AGAIN???

SO...I was just chilling out on the couch at home, trying to get the beginning of my break started, and I turned on the television. First, I watched "Love and Hip Hop," (nothing else was on), and then I watched "Basketball Wives LA," (again...NOTHING was on). In both shows, I saw GROWN WOMEN arguing about how they thought so-and-so was their friend and just being...CHILDISH. I was really looking at the television like "How old are ya'll???" I didn't know their exact age, but I knew they were TOO OLD to be acting like they were acting. And when I heard them say stuff about girls that they THOUGHT were their friends, it got me thinking. Why don't they know who their friends are??? These were grown women. They didn't know how to differentiate between friends and associates, and all that other stuff at THEIR age??? That's like stuff you learn when you're young...little kids...BABIES. El.oh.el. But then I realized. We're kinda all guilty of that. I know I am. I give some of the people that I talk to titles like bestfriend, bestie, twin, and stuff like that, when they don't actually live up to those titles. Why do we do that??? Why do I do that??? Hmmm...*thinking mode* WELL...I believe that I give some of the people that I talk to titles like that, because at THAT moment, they WERE that title. They exhibited the qualities of whatever that title was. I mean...I can't really explain it, it's just that I was quick to make them more than what they really were. PLUS, I was youngER. Now I'm a little older, and I know who my friends are, my bestfriend, associates, and so on. I realize that every person I meet is NOT my friend, so I need not address them as such. I want make the same mistakes the girls on those two shows made, arguing with people who weren't even their friends in the first place. SMH. SIMPLE HOES. El.oh.el. Next time I decide to give someone an important title, I'm gonna make sure that they really ARE that title; they live up to that. As for the people in my life now that has titles, I want to get to know them better, because I feel like I don't. I feel like THEY don't really know me either. I'm gonna build closer reletionships with them, so that the titles I have for them are actually true. *pauses* There's nothing like having those real friends in your life that you can talk to about anything. I love my friends. And I can't wait to see our friendships grow throughout the years.

1 comment: