Monday, March 26, 2012

The World We Live In

SO...it's been a LOT of stuff that has happened over the past few days. A lot of STUPID stuff to be exact. First off, the whole Trayvon Martin story. *pauses* For those people who HAVEN'T heard, Trayvon Martin was this 17 y.o. BLACK kid who was shot in the face by this Hispanic man. Now...THOSE are the facts. This story happened on Feb. 26, 2012, but it wasn't until recently that the story gained publicity. It was with the help of the media and people's opinions that this story gained notoriety of being this racially based murder. I don't know exactly WHAT to believe. I mean...there are some that say Martin was being followed by the shooter, Zimmerman. and then I hear some people say that Zimmerman was in danger. One thing that seems to be consistent is that Zimmerman thought that Martin looked suspicious because Martin was walkin around an affluent neighborhood with a hoodie on. *pauses* Zimmerman apparently took matters into his own hands because he's the 'neighborhood watchman' which is such a prestigious AUTHORITATIVE position. *noted sarcasm* Like this guy isn't a cop, a sheriff, a NOTHING. He shouldnt've been doing ANYTHING. When this case first got publicized, people were angry with Zimmerman. But this case has gone WAY past that. People are wondering why the REAL police didn't take this case seriously. They didn't investigate this case thoroughly. The case was 'half-assed' by the police. I mean...they IMMEDIATELY assumed that Zimmerman did nothing wrong, though the 911 police calls say otherwise. I just want justice for Trayvon Martin, and the only way that is going to happen is if everyone stop putting their opinions in the story, and listen to the FACTS. With the FACTS, that will help us to determine what REALLY happened, and then judge otherwise. This past weekend, there was a tragedy that hit closer to home. Nolan Ryan Henderson, a freshman at JSU, was shot at the Palisades Apartment. *sighs* I don't know the FULL details of this story, but whatever they are, I'm sure they make the results even MORE pointless. It has been said that this was caused by some POINTLESS dispute. It was also stated that Henderson wasn't even the INTENDED TARGET. *pauses* Like this really BLOWS my mind. Why do people resort to violence for situations that could be TALKED out? Honestly, I feel that if you have to use a gun to solve your problems, you're a 'BITCH....ASS...NIGGA.' #justsaying I mean...things don't get THAT DEEp where you feel that you have to take someone's life. This really preturbs me. I mean I really wish that I could understand what goes on in people's minds. Things like this should NOT HAPPEN. WHY do they happen?! Acts like this are SO SENSELESS, and they do nothing but make things WORSE. Now we are left with a student that we will NEVER see again, a FAMILY who will NEVER see their son/brother/cousin/nephew, and someone who took an innocent person's life. SMH. *sighs* I just want to have a moment of silence for the world and the CRAZY people in it...

*sighs* I know things will never be PERFECT, but I wish senseless acts of violence didn't have to happen. It doesn't matter if you personally knew a victim or just heard about it on the news, we all feel when an innocent person loses his or her life. I just pray that we can all unite instead of fighting with each other. The world would be a MUCH better place.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment